Many of the facilities associated with sports activities in West Moors are situated on or close-by Fryer Field. The land was formerly part of the Fryer Estate, but in 1914, Sir Frederic Fryer, the first Lt. Governor of Burma & his wife, Lady Frances, offered land opposite the church and school for the erection of a village hall & provision of playing fields.
Administration of the Fryer Field recreation area is the responsibility of the parish council; it includes the Sports Pavilion; Multi Use Games Area; Cricket and Football pitches; Skatepark facility and the Children's Play area. The Memorial Hall (opened in 1929) is administered separately.
Follow this link for the location of Fryer Field and associated facilities.